If you don’t have an earlier version of Office installed, continue to download Office 2016.
If you have any other version of Office (ie Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, even Office 365, etc.) on your computer / laptop, you need to remove it before installing Office 2016. This will help avoid potential conflicts between multiple versions. Screenshots of these steps were taken using Windows 7, but the steps for Windows 10 are usually the same.
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Programs menu, select Uninstall a program.
- Select the older version of Office.
- Click Yes to begin the uninstall process.
- Click Close when the uninstall wizard is finished.
- Restart your computer.
Download Office 2016
Follow the instructions below to log on to Office 365, download Office 2016, and then follow the installation wizard instructions. Screenshots for these steps were taken with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. The steps are generally the same for Windows 10 and with other web browsers.
- Open your browser to the STS software page and click Office 365.
STS software page
- Click Get Started.
- Click Install Office 365.
- Sign into Microsoft Office Student Sign In with your current CSUF portal account.
- Click Install Now.
Install Office 2016 screenZoom: Install Office 2016 screen
Install Office 2016
- Follow the steps to install Office.
- Click Run.
- Click Yes to begin installation.
- Download my take a while, be patient.
- Click Close after reviewing steps.
- You will see a We’re getting things ready…
- The Office applications that are being installed will show on the Installing Office screen.
Launch Office 2016
- Office Installation is complete.
- Launch an Office 2016 application.
- Open any Office application to accept the Microsoft License Agreement.